For Valentine’s Day this year I came through like a good husband and bought Ruth some pretty flowers. I don’t think we have a vase or even a cup sturdy enough to hold flowers so I splurged a little and got a nice little arrangement of roses complete with a vase.
It was raining out side and I rushed to get in the car and close the door. I had a bag of things in my right hand and the flowers in the left. I tried to close the door with left hand and bring the flowers in before it closed. I didn’t realize until the door had completely closed that the flowers seemed to be a little too stationary. I was pretty mad at myself. I opened the door to see the damage and luckily only the top central rose had been damaged. I was going to hide the flowers and show them to Ruth the next morning (Valentine’s Day) but considering that one rose would probably be dead by then I opted to reveal the gift as soon as I got home.
Ruth is very practiced at loving imperfect things and so she loved the flowers in spite of their “weakness”.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment