Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Copy and Paste" of today's journal entry:

Yesterday I took Clark to my Grant Hall office to check his eyes for school. They had sent a form home to take to your eye doctor and have filled out. Anyway, it was fun to put my name as the parent and the doctor. He had fun doing all the different tests and looking at all my different instruments. He said, "Wow Dad! Your work is awesome!!!" I was very glad that he felt that way.

Last night Ruth and I watched "Shadow of the Thin Man". It was pretty good. We watched "The Thin Man" about a month or so ago. I guess there's a whole bunch of them. We'll have to watch the rest of them. I think the library has at least 4.

Church went pretty well today. Shanna was a handful during Sacrament meeting, but I think the boys are doing better. I suppose there's always room for improvement in regards to reverence.

Ruth made potato soup and French bread for us tonight. She made double and took some over to a family whose mom just had surgery.

Still no van. It's been in the shop twice as long as expected. Hopefully it doesn't cost twice as much. The family we've been borrowing a minivan from will be returning home from out of town tomorrow night and will obviously need it back. Hopefully we don't have to go too long without one.

3 comments:

Matt and Deb said...

I love the thin man movies. I think that William Powell is a great actor and the plots are a lot of fun. I think I own a couple of them.

Gianetta said...

Good luck, cuties! I hope your van can survive yet another "adventure"!
We miss you guys and enjoy the updates! By the way, the glasses only add to your "retro" ambiance, Lee! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Thin Man, but haven't seen them in years (since AMC used to play REAL classics instead of garbage)

Sorry about the van, I hate car troubles!!!

We love and miss you and your family.