Three weeks ago when we went out to Nevada I found this crank in my parent's garage. It also had two titanium bottom bracket bolts in the box with it. I brought it home with the intentions of maybe putting it back on my bike someday or maybe selling on ebay. Well, I didn't really want to sell it on ebay b/c I didn't think it would bring more than 20-30 dollars. I probably spent around $250 for it to begin with and that was wholesale and once bike parts get to be over 5-10 years old they become obsolete.
Well, about 2 weeks ago I looked on ebay to see if there were any already for sale and there was! It was selling for $78.00! And, I thought mine was nicer than the one up for bid. I figured then was a good time to put it up.
I put it up for 10 days, and by 5 days out it was already up to $100. When there was just one day left it was $220! I ended Thursday night and Ruth and I watched in amazement as it went from $220 to $441.00!! After seeing that first one on ebay for $78, I only hoped mine went at least that high, maybe up to $100 if we were lucky. A nice man in England bought it. Apparently there is a high demand for these cranks, especially in Europe (I had two bidders from England one from Span, and one from Germany).
Here are some pictures of the famed crank:




5 comments:
That was sooo cool!!! Have any other bike parts??!!
That is awesome! Way to jump when the time was right. I also think its great that you got such good parts that you are still using them now.
WOW! However, let the record state that I always found that crank to be rather unattractive. Now you remember those smoked chrome XTR cranks we put on the tandem bike; those were nice cranks! I never understood that particular shade of anodized blue anyway.
I'm still blown away by this - so awesome!!
So cool!
Post a Comment