Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Craigs List Bargain

About a week after graduating from optometry school Windows on our computer crashed. No biggy, Daniel said he could put Linux on there which sounded fine. We didn't get around to it for a week or so but when we finally did the screen had died too. So, bad hardware, bad software, time for new computer - but no money.

For my OBLC this summer in San Antonio it will be convenient to have my own computer there. So, I hit Criags List every other day or so to see what had been posted. About 3 weeks ago I found this little guy for $100.




It was slightly mis-advertised, the battery doesn't work, and I had to reinstall Windows to get it how I wanted it, but still a "deal" nonetheless.

1 comment:

The Hacking Family said...

Wow! What's this Craig's list business? I'm clearly out of that loop. I'm excited to hear that you're going to get together with my little brother...the 'pre-angel' Ammon, Ha! Ha! That's what I secretly call him, don't tell him though, he'd just think I was dumb.