Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Picture Up-date!


Here's Ruth and I the last weekend - with baby Elden still inside Mom.



Here's a couple of pictures from Clark's first school music program. He was one on of the "crows" on the left set of bleachers. His and another kindergarten glass did "The Three Billy Goats Gruff". It was pretty good.

Clark did a GREAT job singing and doing all his actions and what not properly and on cue. I have to admit, I was a little surprised as we've never been able to get him to go up and sing with the primary kids in church.


Here's me with Elden while he gets a little tan. His bilirubin levels were a little high so they had him under this light for 2 days. They took him off the light today and he tested normal all day with out it so hopefully he's done with that.


Here's me holding him. We have to hold him under our shirts so that he can stay warm. He has been breathing on his own now for a couple of days, is off the blue light for the jaundice, the hole that goes between two chambers of the heart that closes when a baby is born finally closed today,and he got his feeding tube put in. They fed him tiny amount of Ruth's milk 3 times today and he had several messy diapers too, which they tell me is great!

Let's just hope he doesn't get too used to eating through his nose.

I'll stay up here with Ruth for a couple of more days. Then I'll go back to work on Wednesday. I do get 10 days of paternity leave, which I'll probably use when the baby comes home.

Besides being really tired, having a really sore belly, and being away from family, Ruth is doing pretty well.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Although he's small, he looks really good. Thanks for sharing the pictures.