Not too long ago I had a post called "Clark's Shower". Read on to see why this is titled "Our Kitchen's Bath".
We've had an ant problem in our south kitchen no mater how clean we keep it (and you all know how clean Ruth and I can be) or how often the pest-guy came and sprayed. They just kept coming back. So we decided to swap kitchens. I moved everything from our south kitchen over to the north kitchen and then had a friend come over Thursday night to help me move the washer and dryer from the north kitchen in the south kitchen.
The move went fairly well. The cupboards are different on each side so I couldn't match our north kitchen to our old south kitchen perfectly but pretty close.
When I hooked up the washer I found that the cold valve on that side had a leak, so I had to just shut if off. I'll have to call maintenance to come and fix it.
The next day during lunch as I was getting things ready to go up to Columbia after work I realized I had to do a load of laundry. I didn't have time to wash and dry, but all I really needed were some socks for Clark. I decide to just wash them and let them dry in the car.
When I got home I picked up Cal from the baby sitter and started loading the van up. Cal and I were just about to leave and pick up Clark on the way out of town when I remembered Clark's socks in the washer! I went down there and the entire kitchen floor and first 3 feet of carpet on either side was full of water!!
At first I thought there was a leak in the hot valve too, but when I looked back there I realized that I hadn't secured the plastic drainage tube very well. Sometime when I was at work and it was draining, the force was enough to eject it out of the hole and spill water all over! I dried as much of it up with towels as I could and ended up being a little late to pick up Clark. We came back home and I finished cleaning up.
We had a good trip up to Columbia Friday and down to Memphis and back home on Saturday. I'm sure Ruth will write all about it on our family blog so I'll let her "tell all". I will say it was sure fun to see our girls again! At the same time, it's a littler weird; it's like we're babysitting them for somebody else. I'm sure after a few days we'll all feel like things are back to normal.
When we got home last night the house stunk down in the basement from the wet carpet. I sure hope we can get it cleaned up enough that it smells normal again!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I hope your house starts smelling better!!
Post a Comment