________________________________________
If you need more details, read on - otherwise skip down to the pictures. You can probaby guess they are of Clark riding a bike.
Last summer Clark wanted a bicycle. I found a fairly nice one on Craig's List that cost us $10 plus gas to get it plus several hours of my time giving it an overhaul.
Clark was excited to ride it - until he actually got on. He let me push him a couple of times (both of which I could tell he had the balance to learn quickly) but just felt too scared.
He told me he wanted training wheels so I got him some. He already knew how to ride one of those little scooters so riding a big bike w/ clunky training wheels was pretty lame.
Clark has ignored his bike ever since. His friends here can ride their bikes but Clark has been content to keep up with them on his scooter (which works pretty well so he didn't have a lot of motivation to learn to ride his bike).
The day before yesterday they were all out playing and Clark told me he wanted his bike, so he went up and got it. He rode it around with the training wheels but was getting frustraited with them - like I said, 2 wheels are better than 4. I told him I'd take them off and he said that would be fine. I gave him a push and he just started riding.
We've been riding bikes to and from school the last couple of days and he rides it all afternoon when he gets home. He's so proud of himself!
Here's some pictures:
Here the stick Cal threw into the front wheel of Clark's bike -
Just kidding - Cal would never do that, but as you can see he is a great admirerer of sticks.
Today when I was out with the kids Cal and Shanna were having fun watering the garden that Grandpa Bartholomew planted for us.




2 comments:
That's interesting that you've had to adjust to having your girls back. We have'nt really had to adjust with having them gone. I guess adding more people to your routine is always an adjustment. That's cool about Clark. He's very athletic.
It was fun to see pictures of the kids!! You should do another post for me tomorrow. :) I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment