I found our 1910 Kingsbury Cable Co. Piano on a local classifieds website. They wanted $50.00 for it. That was the easy part. The hard part was arranging the whole thing and getting it from it's old home to ours.
We borrowed a flatbed trailer from a member in the Ward that I picked up the night before and hooked up to our minivan. Fianlly, that trailer hitch we bought in Memphis came in handy.
Bryan Stout came with me to Rolla and Tom Schell and two of his friends met me there. They owner also had a friend to help (which totaled 6 people). When I stopped to pick up Bryan we noticed that one of the rear wheels was about to fall off!! I looked at it and all 5 lug nuts were loose! I just tightened them down and it seemed fine.
We picked it up without incident and when we got here I even backed the trailer into our driveway without any major problems. I was down four helpers, so I found some good backs in my neighborhood: Jeff Taylor, James Cantrell, Pat Polman, and Ed.
Anyway, I'm thankful we were able to get it and for all those willing to help us move it. Moving pianos is never an easy task.
Now, we just REALLY need to get it tuned! Oh, and we need a piano bench or stool for it too.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment