Sunday, February 07, 2010

Journal entry for first week in February 2010

This last week I took leave so that I could be home with Ruth while we potty-trained Shanna and Haley. It was actually a pretty relaxing week! We had some crazy moments with both having to go to the bathroom at the same time and messy moments too, but in the end I think they're getting the hang of it.

I was going to go home teaching last Monday but I couldn't get a hold of Bryan so I canceled. As it turned out his cell phone was dead and he was in town and available! Grrr. Oh well, we'll get it done one way or another.

On Wednesday Ruth took Elden to get some shots and that afternoon I interviewed a couple of people for work. This will be my first time having to hire somebody. I'm a little nervous about it. I don't want to waste the tax-payer's money, nor do I want to bring imbalance to our small clinic that already employs four other women. That night I had to go to a "mandatory" meeting for active duty health care providers. The new DCCS just wanted to get us all together and tell us what he expects of us and what we should expect of him.

Friday Ruth and I watched Harry Potty and the Half Blood Prince, which we borrowed from the Taylor's.

Saturday morning I met up with about 10 other guys and we helped a lady in our ward move out of her house. Ruth had to be at a baby shower for Sarah Clark at 11:00 so I came home a little early from the move so that I could watch the kids. They were really good for me.

When Ruth got home we got ready and went to Rolla to go to their big indoor pool with the Skinner's and the Phillip's. It was pretty fun. We really had to keep an eye on Shanna. She has no fear of the water. Clark, Cal, and Haley are the opposite. In fact, Clark and Cal need to take swimming lessons soon - this summer if possible.

I've been looking at mt. bikes and vehicles online A LOT these past few weeks. This week we'll have enough to make an offer on a car if we find one we like in our price range. Currently we're looking at Honda Odyssey's, Suburbans (or Yukon XL's), and Ford Expeditions. They all have their own pros and cons. The ones we look at online seem to go fast so I'm not sure if any of the ones we like today will even be around next weekend when we're ready to actually buy something.

The bike for Ruth (and the trailers for the girls, Cal, and Elden) will have to wait until this Springs. I've found a lot on Ebay and mtbr.com that are really good, so I'm hopping there will still be some really good ones in a month or two.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I love how you Robertson's write: Grrr... Too funny. Thanks for helping out so much with the kids. I am so spoiled and have such a wonderful husband!!!