Friday, October 23, 2009

APFT

This week I took my semi-annual Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)! I was a little worried about it since I haven't been working out like I ought to have been, but I have been riding my bike to work almost every day and sometimes several times a day.

BUT...as it turned out I scored better this time around than last!

Push-up's: 64
Sit-up's: 63
2-mile run: 14:30

That's a 252. Last April I scored a 230 and a year ago I think I got a 220. Three hundred is the score to get. My push-up's and sit-up's were pretty close to the same as last time although I think I did do a few more in each one, but my run was the big improvement. I did it extactly one minute faster than in April! I think 14:10 or 20 is the fastest I've ever ran it and that was just because I was trying to beat Sheldon.

To get a 300 I need to do the run in 13:18, 82 sit-up's, and 77 push-up's. The sit-up's are the hardest for me because I run out of time. You have to do the sit-up's in 2 minutes (same thing with the push-up's). We'll see, maybe I'll get motivated and go for it.

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Go LEE!!! You totally should try to max out. And how sweet would a 3 day pass be?? (Not that we need it, but it would still be GREAT!!)

Lois said...

Sheldon will have to be on his toes. you're going to beat him when he gets home