Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On the Run!!

For the last few weeks or so I've been running 2 miles 3 days a week to try and get in shape for my Army training. I usually start out by doing my sit-ups and push-ups, then I stretch and run my two miles. I need to run them in 16:something, but my goal is to do it in 15 minutes. If I take it easy I can do it in 17 minutes and if I push my hardest I can do it in 15 20.

Sheldon ran on his high school's cross country team and when he came home last weekend he set up a running schedule for me. I'm supposed to run everyday, alternating easy and hard days. This week the hard days are 3 miles and the easy are 2 miles. For the next 3 weeks the mileage will go up each week. For example two weeks from now my hard days will be 5 miles and the easy ones will be 4 miles.

When Sheldon gets back in 2 1/2 weeks we'll do a 2 mile time trial to see how fast I can do it.

So far so good. Especially considering I don't like running.

1 comment:

The Hacking Family said...

I definitely do not envy you...I think I hate running worse than anyone. At least when the distance exceeds a few meters (ha!). But seriously good luck with that.