Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Processor Poll Plumate

First of all, thanks for voting!

Second, thanks for nothing! I was hoping to get some good information from my last poll: Which processor is better, AMD, or Intel?

Almost everybody voted: "I don't know" except for two: one said "AMD" and the other "Intel".


It would have been much nicer if a bunch of people had voted "it doesn't matter" or in favor of one of the processors. So, I'm going to assume that it probably doesn't matter for the computer tasks I need.

Maybe I can come up with a more helpful poll for all of us....

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Sorry for not posting to the processor poll. I must have missed it.

You are correct in that for general tasks AMD and Intel processors are pretty much the same.

My preference is for Intel. Their products (for the past couple of years anyway) have had better performance for the price than equivalent AMD processors.

Roger said...

Lee,

I only saw the automobile poll. AMD and Intel are always changing spots for being the best in any given area. In fact, AMD was formed by former Intel employees. So just pick the one that has the best specs for you (like cost, speed, memory, disk space, ect.)