Sunday, October 05, 2008

The last week of OBLC

The last week of OBLC was an optometry-specific set of classes. There were about 10 of us there. We talked about...(drum role please)...Optometry in the Army!! It was pretty good info as there are a lot of different forms and reasons for people coming to the eye doctor.

We also looked at and put together all the equipment that an optometry team would take with them to Iraq. It was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Most of it was exactly what we use in a normal clinic except it's made to all fold up and fit into half a dozen green crates.

Tuesday night we all went out to eat to a weird place. Wednesday for lunch we all went to the WD Deli. It was really yummy. Thursday night we all went to LTC Allen's house for a BBQ. They had a really nice house for entertaining and have recently left the world of DINKs as their first child was born this summer. Her husband, also an LTC, in a radiologist and just got home from Iraq last month. COL Glenesk was also there. He's the optometry consultant for the Army (kind of like the chief optometrst for the Army).

Friday we out-processed and that night Jess, Darin, and I went out to Chachos for dinner. I had a quesadilla. It was super yummy. I also packed that night and got ready TO GO HOME!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that I'm thankful for my roommate Marco. He was a great roommate! We didn't do a whole lot together but he made the whole experience a lot more tolerable.

Here a picture of our optometry group in uniform


Here's me chatting with the COL


Here's a picture of Ina, Jess , Darin, and Jad

No comments: