Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A visit to the dentist...or was it?

So this morning I had to go the dentist. That's right had to go. I don't mind poking and prodding eyes, but I'm no fan of tooth torture.

My last visit to the dentist...which was 5 years ago...was not very pleasant; however, I didn't have any cavities. So, today I expected the worst.

In the Army (or at least at this clinic) they just do x-rays and have the dentist look at you and do any work that needs done. Actually having your teeth cleaned is a different appointment. So, after my x-rays were done (and an hour wait) they sat me in a room to wait for the doctor. You would agree why I was momentarily confused when a member of our Memphis Stake presidency came and sat next to me.

Umm...am I being called to the Elder's quorum presidency again??

Nope, Presi...I mean, Doctor Shirley was my dentist today and we had a good visit. Well, as much as a visit as possible when one is looking in your mouth.

It's funny because I didn't even know he was a dentist or that he'd moved, so it was weird to see him. Anyway, the best news of all...I have "beautiful teeth" albeit they're not that strait and "no cavities"!!!! That's strait from the doctor's mouth.

Thanks Mom for all those fluoride chewable vitamins when I was little!

No comments: