Sunday, August 03, 2008

BEGIN LOG of OBLC

Day 1

Today I left Ruth and the kids. They drove me to the airport and I was very sad to say goodbye to them. I think all of us were on the verge of crying, and like laughing, it's very contagious. I found out just as I got to the airport that my connecting flight had been canceled. I used to have a 40 minute layover, now I have a 5 hour layover. Oh well.

I'm currently at the Dallas airport (enjoying that 5 hour layover). I talked to Ruth on the phone and she correctly pointed out that this will probably be the easiest part of my training.

I will try and keep you all updated with pictures and text, but I'm not sure how much free time I will really have.

For pictures of my departure this morning please visit our family site.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

So, did you cry? I cried a little that evening. I guess I got most of it out the night before. I love you!!!