Last night Darin and Jesse invited me to go with them to dinner, ice-cream, and a movie. We ate at Taco Cabana. The food was way too spicy for me. Darin asked me several times if I was OK. After that we went to a big theater/shopping center called The Quarry. We bought tickets to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D. The movie didn't start for a while so Darin treated us to ice-cream.
Once we sat down in the theater and were waiting for the movie to start a familiar face walking in and I said (half jokingly) "hey, there's Tommy Lee Jones!" Darin and Jesse both agreed that the guy looked just like him. When we got out of the theater we asked (no, not the guy) an employee if Tommy Lee Jones lived in San Antonio. He said he did, and that he comes to this theater all the time. So, we had Mr. Jones sitting two rows behind us and we didn't even talk to him. Oh well. I did see what he was driving though...a Smart Car. The 3D thing was also very cool. If you ever have a chance to see a movie in 3D, do it!
Before going to bed I wrote an email to the chief of the eye clinic at Ft. Leonard Wood and ended up losing it because the page had logged itself out. I jut finished re-typing it and this time got it sent off.
This morning I met up with Darin and Jesse and we drove around looking for the "library" where we're supposed to have our church meetings. We saw a sign but there was a bunch of construction in our way that made it hard to get there. We eventually found it and were even 15 minutes early! There were about 50 people there and it was nice to meet some people in our class that are LDS. My platoon leader is LDS and he got my number so that he could tell me where we were going to meet (because at the time neither of us knew). Unfortunately I didn't get his number so I wasn't able to call him. He never came.
Ruth will be alone with the kids in church today. I hope they're good for her. That would be really hard. I think today I'll do a lot of reading (scriptures, lessons, etc.).
Once we sat down in the theater and were waiting for the movie to start a familiar face walking in and I said (half jokingly) "hey, there's Tommy Lee Jones!" Darin and Jesse both agreed that the guy looked just like him. When we got out of the theater we asked (no, not the guy) an employee if Tommy Lee Jones lived in San Antonio. He said he did, and that he comes to this theater all the time. So, we had Mr. Jones sitting two rows behind us and we didn't even talk to him. Oh well. I did see what he was driving though...a Smart Car. The 3D thing was also very cool. If you ever have a chance to see a movie in 3D, do it!
Before going to bed I wrote an email to the chief of the eye clinic at Ft. Leonard Wood and ended up losing it because the page had logged itself out. I jut finished re-typing it and this time got it sent off.
This morning I met up with Darin and Jesse and we drove around looking for the "library" where we're supposed to have our church meetings. We saw a sign but there was a bunch of construction in our way that made it hard to get there. We eventually found it and were even 15 minutes early! There were about 50 people there and it was nice to meet some people in our class that are LDS. My platoon leader is LDS and he got my number so that he could tell me where we were going to meet (because at the time neither of us knew). Unfortunately I didn't get his number so I wasn't able to call him. He never came.
Ruth will be alone with the kids in church today. I hope they're good for her. That would be really hard. I think today I'll do a lot of reading (scriptures, lessons, etc.).




1 comment:
So you got to meet other LDS OBLC students that are in your class? What kind of donuts did you get?
Post a Comment