Day 2
Today we did a lot of walking. Only because everywhere we go is quite a distance away from where we've been. This morning we did some paperwork and listened to a couple briefs on getting started here. This afternoon we learned a little about marching, but it was pretty quick, dirty, and laid back.
After marching I met a guy that I knew from BYU (Darren Bingham). He went to optometry school at SCCO and is now here in doing OBLC with us.
After our classes we went over to the clothing store and I was able to get most of my dress blue uniform squared away plus a few other little things I needed for my other uniforms.
Tomorrow I don't have to show up until 8:30! Half the group is doing their physical training (PT) test tomorrow at 4:00am and the rest of us are doing it the day after tomorrow.
Overall our leaders are all very nice and respectful. My roommate did basic training last summer as an enlisted soldier so he thinks it's pretty funny how nice and laid back everybody is. It might not stay that way, but for now I'm thankful.
There are 377 people in the class. It is extremely diverse: age, race, sex (except for the fact we're all in the health care field). My roommate is a nurse. The other guys I've met are dentists, PA's, and MD's. Although it seems to me that the majority of the students are not doctors (either nurses or PA's).
I'm dirty and stinky and it's time to take a shower and go to bed.
Monday, August 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment