Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 14

This morning all the O.D.'s in OBLC and the captain's career course (O.D.'s that have 3-5 years in the Army under their belts and are now attending courses hoping to be promoted to Majors) met in front of our building.

We drove north for about 30-40 minutes to a town called New Brunsfel. There is a river there that is popular to float down. It's actually right next to Schlitterbahn (one of the largest, if not the largest water park in the country). We rented tubes and had a good time floating down and avoiding any major rapids (which were few and far between). I did flip over once, in the same place most of us flipped over. I lost both my flip-flops, but not my sunglasses (luckily). When I got my feet under me and my tube under control I looked down stream and somebody had grabbed my flip-flops and was holding them up so that their owner (me) could see them. Not long after I got them from him I was able to do the same thing for next victim.

When we got done we went to Rudy's, which is a big BBQ place here in TX. It's fun. You order either a 1/2lb or full pound of either brisket, pork, chicken, or ribs. You can also order sides and what not. They just "dump" your meat in a big tray and give you some normal white bread. At the table there are a bunch of BBQ sauces. It was yummy!

When we got home I did some stuff on the internet, worked a little on my packing, and talked to Ruth on the phone. Around 5:00 or so Darin, Jess, and I went bowling. It was super cheap! Three guys, two games, and shoes for all of us: $9.00!

After that I came home and talked to Ruth, and ate a little dinner. Now we're getting ready to watch Phelps race. It's his chance to beat the world record for the number of gold metals won in a single Olympiad (8).

No comments: