Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 9

This morning we met for PT. It was our first official early morning PT. The other two times were the APFT and a batallion run. Our leader just had us get in formation and he told us about PT and what we'll be doing. He spent the whole time telling us all this so we never actually did anything. Maybe next time. It seems I need to be working out on my own.

After that I took a very quick shower and ate an even faster breakfast so that I could be on time to our next meeting. This morning we received all our gear for our field training next week. We did it alphabetically so us "R's" were standing in line for 2-3 hours.

They gave us a big pile of bags, belts, straps, clips, connectors, and whatchamacallits that with the proper instruction could be put together into a backpack/utility belt. It was all really heavy (and the canteens and ammunition bags are empty, and we don't even have any of our clothes in them yet)!

We're no longer all together in a big auditorium for our classes. We've split up into our platoons and we're meeting in smaller classrooms.

I think tomorrow we'll just be having classes. Wednesday all those who need glasses get to go to the eye clinic.

Also, my bike came in the mail today. It's up at the mail room so I'm still trying to decide what the best way to get it home is. I may just put it together right there by the building the mail room is in and carry the box home later. I don't know. I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

No comments: