Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Day 4

This morning we had our APFT (Army of physical fitness test?). I got up at 3:45 so that I could get up to the field by 4:15. Everything went well. I needed to get:

38 pushups......................................I did 54
45 situps..........................................I did 61
and run 2 miles in 17 minuets.....took me 15:05

I'm glad that's over with. Today we had a class called "Army 101". It's a pretty basic class about the Army and is a common one they give to newcomers and their families.

This afternoon we got to march around a little bit. It's actually kind of fun. Especially since our drill Sargents are pretty nice to us.

One of the commanding officers came and talked to us this afternoon and after that we had a little brief on HIV/STI's.

The big event of the day, besides my physical fitness test, was the handing out of our class schedules and our course packet (a ton of power point slides). Classes start tomorrow, so I finally feel like we're getting starting.

No comments: