Today I slept in till
We got inprocessed with the financial office and personnel today. After lunch we had a presentation on personal finance from the on-post bank. In my experience banks tend to be very liberal when it comes to debt, but these guys were very good.
Today I sat next to LTC Pattan. He’s in the OBLC course with all of us. He’s an OB/GYN and residency director with around 10 years or experience in private practice. He’s a direct ascension. Later I sat by 2LT Sobek. I noticed on his forms that he had 4 kids. He noticed the same about me. Guess what? LDS. Served is mission in the Philippines. I also met three more OD’s today.
After that we got split up into platoons and headed over to some banquet where we met some (or all?) of the commanding officers. They had some heavyh'orderves and a cash bar. I took at least my fair share of h'orderves and called that dinner. I was home by
This is my roommate Marco Benito. He's a nurse.
This is the building where I'm staying. I'm on the third floor.
This is my desk and our lovely bathroom can be seen in the background.
Marco's desk and the view of our kitchenette.
My bed and closet.
Our floor lobby.
My hall's laundry room.
Some barracks just across the street from us. There are thousands of soldiers here being trained as medics and what not. They are all enlisted. There are 60 soldiers to a room there. I don't think they each have desks with internet and a flat screen TV either.




4 comments:
The place where you are staying kind of makes me think of a cross between Campus Plaza (the outside), DT (the lobby and laundry), a semi-nice hotel (sweet t.v. and ok furniture) and the army (uniforms in the closet).
Thanks for the pictures! And congrats on passing PT with flying colors!
Love YOU!
How was your PT test?
It seriously just looks like some college dorms. Good job on making your family proud.
-Melissa and Brooks
Post a Comment