Saturday, August 09, 2008

Day 7

Today I got up at 6:30 and did my laundry, talked to Ruth and the kids, and got ready for the day. I walked up to the clothing store to pick up my dress blue uniform pants. They ordered the wrong size, but they now had the right size in stock so I just traded. Next I went next door to have them altered. My jacket was ready but I asked if I could just pick both up at the same time, which will be next week. They said that would be fine. I also left my patrol cap there for them to sew the rank on the front for me.

After that I went to the commissary to get some food for the weekends. It didn't all fit in my backpack, but almost. I just had to carry a couple of bags in my hands. I'm not sure how far it is, but it takes about 40-45 minutes to walk there. Probably ~3 miles.

Ruth sent my bike last week. It should be here by Tuesday. It will be really nice to have since we have to walk at least 3/4 a mile to get anywhere on base from our dorms.

My roommate has to go to a museum tour this afternoon. I'll have to do the same next Saturday. I'll probably just relax the rest of the afternoon.

I need to call the Chaplin to see where exactly we meet tomorrow for church. I think it starts at 8:30 and I've already got my clothes all ready to go.


The front of some of the officer housing.


The back



Some enlisted housing, I think.


Here's the...(see photo).


This is a huge PX. It's like a big convenience store. It even had a little "mall-type" place and food court inside.


This a building for the nursing program here.


Here's a view of downtown seen from the commissary parking lot. Note the "space needle". The famous river walk is also down there.

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sweet on-base housing. Hopefully we'll get lucky with the housing at Ft. Leonard Wood!

Cardiganwearer said...

Go to the river walk. They have great jazz stuff down there! Let me know what you find if you ever make it into the city.