Day 40
Today was our graduation!!
This morning we took our test. Nobody in my platoon failed it. After that two of the commanders over our course gave us a little "thanks for coming and go out there and do good" speech.
We then had graduation practice. We went through it several times.
Graduation officially started at 1:00. The main speaker was General Horaho (the main commander over the entire nurse corp). She gave a good speech. By 1:45 it was all over.
After graduation I went to the mail room to get my bike box from them. They were very nice to keep it in their office for me. I found a shady place outside and disassembled my bike and put it in the box. I then carried the box (with the bike in it) about two blocks to the UPS store. They were very helpful and helped me tape it up and get it on it's way. By the way, when I told my roommate this story he said, "why didn't you just role your bike over with an empty box?" Duh! I don't know why I didn't think of that, but that would have been a lot easier.
Also I finally bought a new helmet. I got it on eBay. Ruth said it came in the mail today. My plan was to just through my helmet away instead of packing it all the way out to Missouri; nevertheless, I just couldn't do it. It was my first helmet and have been using it for 14 years straight! That's half my life!! Anyway, I still have it. Maybe when I can actually handle my new helmet in my hands I'll be more empowered to throw my old one away.
When I got home Jess called me and said he wanted to go golfing tomorrow. I said I wanted to go. He called and found out that it would be cheaper if we went today, so we left right away. We rented clubs and a cart, and played 9 holes. It was really fun. We didn't play that well, but we had a good time.
We got done too late to eat at the DFAC so we went to the Burger King that's across the street from our dorms.
Since then I've either been talking to Ruth on the phone or writing this, or watching TV.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment