Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fast Sunday

Church was really good today. It was fast Sunday and all the testimonies were wonderful! It reminded me of one you might hear in the MTC as all of us are away from families and going through trials that are a little different than what we're used to.

After church I came home and checked email. Then I went to the library and ready my scriptures and the Ensign. I really enjoyed all the articles I read, especially the letters of Joseph Smith to Emma. I'm sad that I'm away from my family and I miss them a lot, but what a blessing they know where I'm at, what I'm doing, why I'm here, and when I'll be back. Emma and the kids must have been going crazy not knowing those things about Joseph when he was either running from mobs or imprisoned.

When I got home I broke my fast with some dough nuts, the rest of a big cookie from yesterday and a little dinner too. I talked to Ruth for a little bit and then she said she'd call me back. I listened to a couple conference talks and then she called back.

We have PT tomorrow morning at 5:30. Should be fun.

Just 2 weeks left of OBLC and 1 week of my optometry stuff. I'm excited to get home and be with Ruth and the kids.

I reserved a truck from Penske which we'll load up the day I get back. It sounds like we need to leave for Missouri as soon as possible when I get. I still need to find out how many travel days we get and if they'll give us some time to find a place to live before I start work.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Did you share yours? Those treats sound yummy!!!! I miss you!