Sunday, September 14, 2008

A quick trip to Austin TX

I can't believe I'm already writing about church again. It seems like I just did this. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't exactly feel like time's been flying by, but at least we're making progress.

Church was good today. They had a gross of dough nuts there today. That's like 3-4 per person. I definitely had my fair share. I should have taken a whole box home with me but decided, for my stomach's sake, that I had better not.

Before our meetings started this morning Darin mentioned that he wanted to go to Houston next weekend to see his brother. I mentioned that I wanted to go up to Austin to see mine sometime. He said, "why don't we go today?" So, I called Paul and Cindy when they got home from church and asked if they wouldn't mind a little company this after noon.

After church I ate lunch and watched a conference talk on lds.org. I read the lesson in the Joseph Smith manual and read a couple chapters in the New Testament. That got me a little sleepy so I took a short nap.

Darin, Jess, and I left for Austin at around 3:30. We did take a wrong turn once and I had to call Paul, but we did eventually get there. They fed us some pancakes for dinner and then we had some yummy brownies and ice-cream with chocolate sauce for dessert.

They told us how to get home via a little more scenic route which was nice. Austin is actually fairly pretty for not having mountains.

We got home around 9:30 or so. I called Ruth and now I'm off to bed. I think we've got some different things on the schedule tomorrow so it should be interesting.


Paul, me, and Cindy


Jess, me, and Darin

No comments: