Saturday, September 06, 2008

I'd like a weekend w/ a little BYU football please

Last night I went out to eat with my platoon. We went to Texas Roadhouse. There wasn't enough seating for all of us (20) to sit together so we split up in groups of 5 and got in within 30-45 minutes. I ordered a rib-eye stake w/ ribs, sweet potato and rice. They also had delicious freshly baked bread with some creamy cinnamon butter. It was all super good! I was really full but now that I'm writing about it I want to eat it all over again. Yum!

After dinner about half the people went on to a hip-hop bar/club thing while the rest of us went home. When I got home I went over to Darin's place to watch Saints and Soldiers with him and Jess. It's about a Mormon soldier back in WWII that teaches his fellow soldiers through example and finds one of the people he taught and baptized on his mission to Germany fighting with the enemy, of course. It was really good.

This morning I had to get up at 8:00 and get back in uniform to attend an AMEDD (American Medical Department) Museum tour. My platoon and 5th platoon took the tour together. Actually, once we got there the tour guides split us all up into smaller groups.

I checked my mail and found that I had received a birthday card from Mom and Dad!! Thank you!! It was really nice to get some mail, especially a birthday card.

When I got home I folded my laundry and ate lunch. Ruth called me which was really nice as I hadn't been able to get a hold of her since yesterday evening. I guess with the weather out there the T-mobile network is down. She said the weather there in Raleigh isn't too bad so I'm thankful for that.

At 1:30 Darin, Jess, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the BYU game. They had a bunch of TV's of all sizes and a couple of really big screens with games being projected onto them. We told them which game we wanted and they put it on the biggest screen! Pretty cool! We couldn't hear anything but it was fun watching a BYU/Washington football game on a huge screen in the middle of TX.



At halftime the other guys wanted to go and try and watch the game at Chachos so that we could hopefully hear the game and play some pool while we watched. When we got there the pool tables were out of commission and the people in charge weren't very excited to change any of the TV's away from ESPN (the game was on FSN). They did finally put one of the smaller TV's on FSN so that we could watch the game. It was a great game. They were often tied and in the last few seconds Washington scored a touchdown and only needed the extra point kick to tie it up for overtime. Well, just like the last time we played a PAC 10 team we blocked the kick and won the game!! Yeah, BYU still has the longest winning streak in the country!



When I got home I talked to Ruth on the phone. She'll be calling back in a little bit so that we can read scriptures and pray with the kids. I'll be staying home tonight so that I can get a good night sleep.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Looks like you're having a fun weekend! Wish mine was as exciting. :)

I Love you!