Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept 11, 2008

Day 34

Today we've all been remembering what happened 7 years ago. I was attending my first semester at BYU after my mission. I was living in Heritage Halls with John Chadwick, Alex Hachtman, Andrew Wheelwright, Scott Raymond, and Marcus G. Most of us had just gotten up except for Scott, who had risen early to eat at the cafeteria. Inevitably he saw a TV showing the breaking news. It was never brought up whether he leisurely ate his food first or ran back right away, but when he returned he said "Turn the TV on, you've got to see this!"

We all went to class talking about the freak plane crash. During my physics class news of the second plane came and they told us to go home and watch.

Now, back to the present, I spent this morning standing in line to turn in all our field training equipment. Like always they did it alphabetically and like always I was there from 7:10 to 11:00. I'm just glad I'm not 2LT Zeaman, poor girl.

After that they I went and made arrangements to get my absentee ballot from NV and get our car registered in NV. I then ate lunch and went to class at 1:30. It was apparent when I got there that they had already started. Turns out they told us it was at 1:30 but it was really supposed to be at 1:00 so they tried to call everybody to tell us. Sorry Mom B. for all the crazy calls!

They let us go just before 4:00 today so that those that wanted to go to the Tim McGraw concert to go eat and get up to the field.

I opted to stay home tonight. I did some laundry and talked to Ruth and the kids. After that I read my scriptures and some Harry Potter y el Prisionero de Azkaban.

No PT tomorrow. I don't know why, but I won't complain.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I wouldn't complain either! :) Not that I have to do PT anyway, but yes that is nice you don't have it tomorrow. :) I love YOU!