Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!!!

The past weekend was Labor Day weekend so I had 4 days off from OBLC. I took a plane ride to Raleigh early Friday morning.

Ruth and the kids picked me up when I got in around 11:15ish. We were really excited to see each other!!

We went and got lunch at Little Caesars after which we went to Amy's house and went swimming. The boys had a great time running and jumping into the shallow end. That night we tried to watch a movie, Miss Potter, but the DVD player wouldn't work. There was a DVD already in there that we couldn't get out. It worked if we used the controller but none of the buttons on the front worked, including the eject button which was absent on the controller.

Saturday morning Ruth made us all some delicious stuffed French toast! After lunch we went to the outlet mall while the girls took a nap. When we got home we started getting dinner ready. Ruth made a 4-cheese penne pasta dish that was really good. After the kids were in bed I took the DVD player apart and found a plastic pickle in there that had wedged itself between the actual machine and the plastic front panel. That's why none of the front panel buttons worked. When I put it back together it worked fine. The movie was really good. I highly recommend it (Miss Potter).

Sunday we went to church. I don't know how Ruth does it. I'm glad she does though. Cal really enjoys nursery and Clark seems to like primary once we get him in there which usually requires a little prodding.

After church we ate dinner and Mom and Dad went to go get Sheldon from the airport. Not long after they got home Daniel, Amy and their kids came over for dinner and dessert. Ruth made a yummy dessert for me and we put some candles in it and they sang happy birthday to me. I'll be 28 tomorrow!

Going home to see my wife and kids was the best birthday present EVER!!!!!



Ruth and I woke up early this morning to go to the airport. My plane left at 6:00am. I got to San Antonio around 10:30 or so. I slept almost the whole way. I took a taxi back to the my barracks and Ruth called me just as I was walking in.

I unpacked the things from my trip and packed up my stuff for the next (and final) four days of camp Bullis. I then ate lunch and took a couple of books back to the library. They were due yesterday and they're closed today, so I just put them in the book return.

I'm sad I didn't get a ticket to fly back later today but I didn't know when I needed to be back tonight when I bought the ticket. Anyway...here I am back in San Antonio with 26 days left to go!

Tonight I need to hear from my squad leaders and then I will report to the first sergeant to let him know that we're all back and ready to go for tomorrow. We'll be loading our duffel bags on the truck tonight around 8:00.

Tomorrow we're off to Camp Bullis for four more days. We're allowed to bring cell phones this time so that will be really nice! I sure missed talking to Ruth the last two weeks.

Clark goes to school tomorrow. I hope it goes well.

5 comments:

Matt and Deb said...

Happy birthday Lee! The Bunker's

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to see the family over the holiday weekend.

Mike said...

Happy Birthday Lee!!! Do they have a birthday cake MRE?

andyandsteph said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day.

Lois said...

Happy Birthday, Lee!

MOM & Dad B.