Saturday, September 13, 2008

GO BYU!!!

I didn't win the helmet last night. It was totally my fault too since I put up my bid too early. I became the high bidder with 47 seconds left. With ~10 seconds somebody out-bid me by $1.00. I don't know why I bid so early. I guess I was just excited to finish it. Oh well, asi es la vida.

This morning I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't go back to sleep - so I got up. I went to the DFAC to eat. A lot of breakfast for $2.10...pretty fair.

I've been getting lots of emails from LTC Allen and COL Glenesk about moving and what the expected Army traveling procedures are. I feel like they are really trying to be helpful. It's definitely a complicated process - or at least some people are making it so.

Later this morning I went to the gym and played raquet ball with Jess (he's a fellow O.D./LDS/OBLC guy). On the way out we saw an interesting climbing wall. It was only about 10-12 feet tall and was like a tredmil. Your own gravity made it go down and you had to keep going up or else you feet would end up on the ground. Pretty slick. I took a video of it on my camera which I hope I can get on the blog somehow.

After that I ate lunch, took and shower, and got ready to go watch the BYU game. We ended up going to Chacos which has great food! They didn't sound very excited about changing any of their TV's from ESPN or CNN, but magically about 10 minutes after we got there the BYU/UCLA game popped up on half the TV's! Sweet! If you didn't see it, just picture a team playing the perfect game.

59-0, BYU. UCLA's second worse game in history (first was 76-0 loss to USC in 1929). Oh, and by the way, we blocked one of their field goal attempts.



During halftime we played a little pool. Towards the end of the game it was getting close to dinner time so I bought a half burrito, which I could barely eat it. Jess had eaten a whole one for lunch - I really don't know where he put it.

After the game we came home and I went to my room. Marco had just starting watching the Spiderwick movie. I told him I wanted to watch it with him and he started it from the beginning for me. Nice. It was good! I guess I need to read the books.

Well, one more week of OBLC and 1 week of Optometry specific stuff. Two weeks from today and I'll be with my family again! I can't wait!!!

No comments: